Thursday, January 1, 2015

A BOOK IN MY FUTURE!

I've done it!  I've 'pulled the trigger', as the saying goes!
For quite a few years, I've been adding, correcting, changing, getting discouraged, and encouraged.  Mostly, I've procrastinated!  But, all that is changing now.  I've got the manuscript pretty much all done.  I've submitted it to Create Space, the self publishing arm of Amazon, and now it's a matter of just cleaning up the last messy details.  When that's done, there will be a book for purchase!
It will more than likely be called, "A YEAR IN MY NEW ENGLAND GARDEN".  It is a collection of gardening vignettes, along with a monthly calendar of chores for the gardener.  It tells you what to do and when.  I share successes and failures, joys and disappointments, tips for success, as well as tips that will (hopefully) keep you from struggling in your New England Garden.  At the end, it will also contain a section on simple gardening terms for the beginning gardener.
Many of you, my blog readers, are from the Pacific Northwest, where I now live.  However, you probably have family and friends in gardening zones 3-7.  Those zone numbers are what really matter, and is the general area of all of New England, but it really encompasses a huge area of the United States, so the book definitely does apply to gardens outside of New England! I just need to be sure that folks do not buy the book expecting gardening help for their Florida garden!  (Try clicking on that link about gardening zones and see who might qualify!!!)
I will keep the cost of the book below $10.00, so it's affordable.  I'd love to have it be something folks might include in a Christmas stocking, as a hostess gift or just to present to a gardener in their lives.
I will let you know when the date for actual publication occurs.  I hope to set it up so perhaps the price will be greatly reduced for a week or so.
I also hope to produce it as an eBook.  An eBook will not be too practical for hauling into the garden, but might be an inexpensive way for you to decide whether it's something in which you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment